Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Friday May 2nd: Colonoscopy Biopsy Results

Today we got results of the colon biopsy, confirmed the mets in the liver came from that tumor. No surprises but I'm learning to take everything that's not BAD news as good news. Also got Karen's CEA, it's 237. I was alarmed at this at first as normal ranges are between 0 and 10. From research on the web I am told the typical CEA for a stage IV patient is between 700 and 1000. The key is that this number goes down once chemo starts. It'll eventually reach 0 once all cancer is out of her body.

Make no mistake, this is the beginning of a long journey. We have a strong marriage and two beautiful children. I feel like we are really just starting our life as together as a family. We appreciate everyone's support thus far and recognize that we'll be leaning that much harder on people as time goes by.

Karen and I are up-beat and determined to kick some cancer ass.

No comments: